Welcome to my blog.....

I guess I can say that I have spent a lot of time telling many friends and family members about my life's happenings via the internet. This is due to the fact that I have many friends and family who live all over Australia and indeed all over the world and the time differences makes email easier than phonecalls.

Feedback from a variety of these have included words of encouragement like "maybe you should write a book" not because my life is full of dramas, well not too many anyway, more so that my style of writing is an enjoyable read, so they tell me anyway. A book would be nice at some time however short stories appeal to me more at the moment and hence the creation of Blogtastical Banter.

I hope you enjoy my views on my life's situations and also situations which interest me, so sit back, relax and enjoy my ride.

Follow me on Twitter @couturechicness
My wares can be purchased at www.etsy.com/shop/CreativelyCouture


Saturday, October 15, 2011

It's soccer or bust Australia!


Association football (also known as football or soccer) is the most widely played sport in the world. An estimated 3.5 billion have some interest in association football, either playing or watching it.


To say that the only codes of football in Australia are AFL, NRL and ARU is a fallacy my friends. History tells us of early evidence of soccer being played as a sport finds the occurrence in China and soccer is one of the most popular sports in Europe and the Americas.

In Australia, social football (soccer) has no specific start date since it was played sporadically across the country from the late 1870s between rival mining communities and visiting ship crews – mostly by English and Scottish natives. Organised football began with a game on Parramatta Oval (NSW) in August 1880 between Wanderers and Kings College. Wanderers won 5-0.

With a worldwide following in 2010 of Association football (also known as football or soccer) it is the most widely played sport in the world. An estimated 3.5 billion have some interest in association football, either playing or watching it ie 53 separate countries/teams compared to Australia’s 10 A-league teams.

I predicted this some three years ago and I predict this again in 2010: Australian soccer, or soon to be known as Australian football in the European scenario......will have the largest following population in Australia, far outweighing the rest of all the leagues.

As the saying goes my friends.....if you can’t beat them......join them.... and I have. Go the mighty Brisbane Roar.....Go Ange Postecoglou and the boys....Go the A-league. We love you all! Go Australian soccer, we are right behind you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment