Welcome to my blog.....

I guess I can say that I have spent a lot of time telling many friends and family members about my life's happenings via the internet. This is due to the fact that I have many friends and family who live all over Australia and indeed all over the world and the time differences makes email easier than phonecalls.

Feedback from a variety of these have included words of encouragement like "maybe you should write a book" not because my life is full of dramas, well not too many anyway, more so that my style of writing is an enjoyable read, so they tell me anyway. A book would be nice at some time however short stories appeal to me more at the moment and hence the creation of Blogtastical Banter.

I hope you enjoy my views on my life's situations and also situations which interest me, so sit back, relax and enjoy my ride.

Follow me on Twitter @couturechicness
My wares can be purchased at www.etsy.com/shop/CreativelyCouture


Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas gift giving and please take it back?

Here we are and it's the day after the day we celebrate when the Saviour was born. The day we celebrate Jesus Christ's birth day and we do have reason to thank Him for so many things.

On the lighter side of Christmas, it would be far too serious of me not to mention the topic that most media seem to trigger off on Boxing Day in a light hearted way and that is the day after the gift giving and oh not again! The day when we have time to reflect on those gifts we received yesterday. The day when can finally admit out loud, without having the gift-givers in the same room and within audible distance when  may have offended them. We can now voice our opinions on those Christmas presents received that we just won't be using and our plethora of audible reasons we have: it's too small; too big; not my colour; not my style; I have absolutely no use for Jamie Oliver's latest cookbook because I don't cook, never have and if I have anything to do with it, I never will during the remainder of my lifetime (of course that certainly would not be the response from me if i had received the gorgeous Mr Oliver's cookbook because those who have read various blogs know that not only do I adore him but that I adore cooking too.)

I know, I am hearing you loud and clear. So what do we do with them? Shove them in the top of that cupboard and hopefully forget they are there? Regift (I can honestly say I have never regifted though I do know that many humans walking this earth have carried out this interesting act.) Do I sell it on eBay and pray that that gift-giver is not an ebayer and discovers their gift for sale whilst they are perusing the website whilst searching for a bargain? Do we put that gift aside and donate it to the local charity shop? You must hope that that giver of the gift does not happen upon your item whilst they are, let's say in that particular charity shop, purchasing let's say some preloved denim jeans they need for their new-to-the-retail-world fabulous up cycled denim hand bag business??? Anyone you know? www.louisedempsterbags.com

This, readers, is your dilemma and decision. Personally I would choose the latter. I don'tknow, I guess it is my Catholic upbringing but I would rather a piece of clothing I wouldn't wear "in a month of Sundays" (as the chances of me fitting into that shirt in my post menopausal years-to-come is less than zero) and so I would let it go to a charity shop and to someone who would appreciate it. I would rather this than allow it to sit in a cupboard for months only to be left prey to the moths, silverfish etc then to be thrown in the bin later due to the plethora of holes in it. But hey that's just me.

On the brighter side of Christmas gift giving, this is one dilemma that I am not faced with this year. I received everything that was practical and might I add there was not one piece of clothing intended for me.....a nice change I must say. No, all my prezzies were suggested by me to my darling family and clearly they have great hearing.

So, allow me to wish you all a fun Boxing Day and I will leave you to lament on what is now your problem on just what to do with those challenging gifts you now own and don't require and no, I am not interested in your outcomes. I am sure you will handle it all admirably!






No comments:

Post a Comment