Welcome to my blog.....

I guess I can say that I have spent a lot of time telling many friends and family members about my life's happenings via the internet. This is due to the fact that I have many friends and family who live all over Australia and indeed all over the world and the time differences makes email easier than phonecalls.

Feedback from a variety of these have included words of encouragement like "maybe you should write a book" not because my life is full of dramas, well not too many anyway, more so that my style of writing is an enjoyable read, so they tell me anyway. A book would be nice at some time however short stories appeal to me more at the moment and hence the creation of Blogtastical Banter.

I hope you enjoy my views on my life's situations and also situations which interest me, so sit back, relax and enjoy my ride.

Follow me on Twitter @couturechicness
My wares can be purchased at www.etsy.com/shop/CreativelyCouture


Friday, July 15, 2011

Gone gaga for Gaga

Well that 25 year old dynamo from New York City has ‘graced our shores’ once again to visit her ‘little monsters’ here in Australia and let me say as a fifty year old mother of two teenagers who both LOVE Gaga, I do too. I know many find her over the top, outrageous, weird, bizarre etc, and I agree, however I admire her uniqueness and authenticity not to mention her very ‘catchy’ songs.
Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (born March 28, 1986), New York City of Italian Catholic descent, is one amazing entertainer and song writer in my eyes. Her younger life included attending a school of arts where she demonstrated her musical talents. Gaga released her first album The Fame in 2008 and I guess this is when the world, including myself and certainly my two music-crazy teenagers, sat up and took notice of this Lady Gaga, listening to great songs like Just Dance and Poker Face. Little did any of us know how this New York City dynamo would create music bedlam all over the world in the years to follow. Having been bankrupted no less than four times (so the internet says anyway) this is a young lady who seems fearless and I envy her and admire her for her strength and her beliefs. She is a practicing Catholic and has many references to her Catholicism in her songs, prays every day and always before a concert, has experienced the drug world but is clean now and has been for a number of years, was ‘hell on wheels’ as a youngster and supports gay marriage. This overt admittance of pluralism is admirable in my eyes.
I attended her concert here in Brisbane during her previous visit and must say I have never been to a concert where the music was so LOUD (accompanying my teenage daughters who were gracious in allowing me to sit next to them oh and I wasn’t the only over 40 something either, in fact there were many of us.) These complaints of possible audible damage is coming from someone who has also experienced many concerts over the years including The Black Eyed Peas, Gwen Stefani as well as The Rolling Stones at Wembley, London and those lads were loud but not to this degree. It was an experience and I admit if I could have asked the sound guys to decrease the volume I would have. It ruined it a little for me though my daughters can’t understand me at all (as if I haven’t heard that before.) Clearly I am showing my age so I sit and lament about that for a minute…..........okay I am finished with my lamenting.
Interestingly, there seems to be a number of these fabulously talented ladies in the music world of Catholic upbringing, Christina Aguilera, Cindy Lauper and that infamous Madonna to mention a few. Being a proud Catholic, I think it is fascinating that these larger than life ladies have taken the world ‘by the horns’ and stepped out and  become fearless of world opinion. Don’t get me wrong, Madonna has a history even in my pluralistic eyes having displayed behaviour I didn’t back then and still don’t condone now. I just hope that Gaga doesn’t end up in situations like Madonna….we’ll just have to wait and see I guess.
Regardless, as you can see I have gone a little gaga for Gaga and have a variety of her songs on my IPhone and can be found singing along to her songs such as Judas whilst driving in my car as well as singing in the shower, standing cooking in the kitchen and in fact wherever the mood grabs me.
I love ya Gaga and I hope you keep entertaining us with your fabulous voice, incredible writing skills and those ‘out of this world’ costumes for years to come…..”I’m on the edge of glory,” No, I think you are already there Lady Gaga <3

No comments:

Post a Comment