Welcome to my blog.....

I guess I can say that I have spent a lot of time telling many friends and family members about my life's happenings via the internet. This is due to the fact that I have many friends and family who live all over Australia and indeed all over the world and the time differences makes email easier than phonecalls.

Feedback from a variety of these have included words of encouragement like "maybe you should write a book" not because my life is full of dramas, well not too many anyway, more so that my style of writing is an enjoyable read, so they tell me anyway. A book would be nice at some time however short stories appeal to me more at the moment and hence the creation of Blogtastical Banter.

I hope you enjoy my views on my life's situations and also situations which interest me, so sit back, relax and enjoy my ride.

Follow me on Twitter @couturechicness
My wares can be purchased at www.etsy.com/shop/CreativelyCouture


Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mr Darcy, Mr Darcy!

I was delighted to see the other day on a TV advertisement that the movie Jane Eyre is about to be released at the cinemas. Ok, we have seen a plethora of Jane Eyre series on TV and at the cinema for many a year but what normal female can resist these fantastic classics. I know I can’t. Oh love…..you can’t beat it.

The idealism of love, ‘an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment’ is just too wonderful to live without. As you look back in time and see the plethorically abundant libraries of movies of these fabulous classics just makes my heart sing. To watch Colin Firth galloping over the heath on that horse in the role as the scrumptious Mr Darcy in the classic Pride and Prejudice makes my ovaries turn! What girl hasn’t dreamt of being Lizzie, waiting for the announcement by the maid of his arrival at her modest but love-filled home? Mr Darcy walking in, all six foot something of him (okay these height calculations may be wrong here but let me pretend), whilst he hesitantly asks for her hand in marry, but is rejected………what?........well he did say previously that she was ‘tolerable but not enough to tempt me’ which darling Lizzie overheard and let’s face it, wouldn’t we all be a little peeved off hearing this from a man of his stature. Oh don’t worry……he tries again later, just like this in fact…..

DARCY: You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged; but one word from you will silence me on this subject forever.

ELIZABETH: Oh, Mr. Darcy. I... I...
DARCY: ...If your feelings are the same, just say so. I'll go away. You'll never see me again.

ELIZABETH: I... I...

DARCY: ...I have no right to expect anything but your censure. My behaviour has been abominable.
ELIZABETH: Mr. Darcy...

DARCY: ...Miss Elizabeth, you're so quiet.
ELIZABETH: Mr. Darcy, how can you even speak to me after the terrible things I said last April?

DARCY: How can I speak to you? But the only thing I want to do is to speak to you, Miss Elizabeth. Forever.
ELIZABETH: Mr. Darcy.. I... I...

DARCY: I've never stopped loving you, Elizabeth. But if you --
ELIZABETH: But the things I said to you, ...

DARCY: I deserved everything you said.
ELIZABETH: Not entirely. I was wrong about so many things.

DARCY: It all tortured me, for weeks and weeks. Not because it was hurtful, but because I eventually realized how true it was. I had been so, so...
ELIZABETH: My sentiments have changed, Mr. Darcy, so very much. In fact... I must say... I have to say... that I must receive with gratitude ...and pleasure... oh...

DARCY: Miss Elizabeth, are you trying to say...
ELIZABETH: Yes. ...Oh yes, Mr. Darcy.

DARCY: Oh Elizabeth, I can hardly believe it. Do you mean it?
ELIZABETH: Yes.

DARCY: I prayed and prayed for another chance to ask you.
ELIZABETH: When you left for London I thought I'd never see you again.

DARCY: You were so quiet at Longbourn. I was hoping you'd at least insult me, or admonish me, or anything at all. Any excuse to look into your eyes.
ELIZABETH: I was too embarrassed to speak.

DARCY: When I was in London two days ago I had almost resolved to come back and just ask you straight out. I was steeling myself for another humiliation. And then my aunt came to visit.
ELIZABETH: She did? Oh, Mr. Darcy, I was so horribly rude to her. She'll never forgive me.

DARCY: I don't care anymore. She told me all about her visit. It serves her right. She made me realize that there was still hope. How can I ever apologize for her behaviour?
ELIZABETH: She gave you hope? Oh, my. Perhaps we should be grateful to her.

DARCY: I must confess, my own feelings were similar to hers for such a long time, for most of my life in fact. That's how I was raised. But I never counted on meeting anyone like you.
ELIZABETH: Oh, Mr. Darcy.  (then we cut to)

DARCY: Oh, Lizzy. I must go to your father immediately. I can't wait.
LIZZY: Oh. Perhaps you should wait a day or so. My father may still be skeptical.

DARCY: As you wish. But I want you to come to Netherfield as soon as you can to dance that reel with me.
Oh, Lizzie, Lizzie you lucky girl!

For those of us who just can’t get enough of Mr Firth as Mr Darcy then here you are:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0dmzLkaQFE
Then there is Wuthering Heights where Catherine and Heathcliff go through torrid times to find that they love each other but this ends in tragedy.

What is it with the mental and sometimes physical cruelty that often comes with these unbelievable and overwhelming bonds of love in these classics? Mr Rochester and Jane certainly have a torrid time, Darcy and Lizzie go through their mental teasing, Heathcliff and Catherine have a cruel time, not so much with Little Women and their male suitors, …….it gets a little over the top sometimes however, I guess that is why Darcy and Lizzie have a big part of my heart, a little teasing but no real cruelty.

I am off now to put my DVD of Pride and Prejudice on, featuring the scrumptious Mr Firth and then follow it with a double dose of Colin's Bridget Jones’ Diary. Prejudice? Yes I am when it comes to Mr Firth, and I admit this with great pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment